Euroasia Piano Festival
Rules & Regulations
- The participant’s age group is determined by the year of birth, regardless of month.
- Kindly take note that Applications are not considered complete until all documents and fees have been received by Euroasia.
- All fees are non-refundable and must be paid in full upon submission.
- Works chosen must reflect the current level and standard of the competitor and must be a published work of Western Art Music tradition from the Baroque to 21st Century periods and does not include works of jazz, pop, rock, etc.
- There will be no charge for any repertoire change within 7 days of submission. A change fee of RM50 will apply for each repertoire change requested after the 7 days grace period. Repertoire changes will not be accepted two weeks prior to the festival date for the chosen region.
- Please note the actual timing of each work based on the participant’s time of performance, and not from a third party recording of the piece. The length of the piece selected should not exceed the allotted time as stated in the performance requirements.
- Participants are encouraged to perform from memory, although this is not compulsory and no additional marks will be awarded.
- Piece chosen must be performed in entirety, with no part of the chosen work omitted. Any single movement from a set work (e.g. Sonata; Suite) is accepted.
- Any work that is not performed in entirety may result in disqualification. Repeats are not required.
- Participants must produce an original copy of all pieces performed.
- The participant is required to bring two copies (photocopies) of the music performed and hand them in to the Jury Assistant before the performance.
- Requests to alternate order of performance will not be entertained.
- Please note that participants must be ready and willing to perform earlier or later than their scheduled time due to any cancellations and unforeseen schedule changes.
- Recordings of any sort (video/audio) are limited to the family members and/or teacher of the participant ONLY. Recordings of other competitors are not allowed.
- Announcement of winners and prize-giving for all categories will be held at the conclusion of the Festival day.
- Please submit all queries via our website form on www.euroasia.org.my or email [email protected]
Terms & Conditions
- The decision of the Jury is final and is not open to further discussion.
- All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation
- The Jury may choose to;
- Listen to only a part of the program presented if they feel they have heard enough to make a judgment. .
- Withhold awards, as in line with international competitions, if the minimum points required are not met.
- Award joint-prizes or choose winner in the event of a tie.
- Minimum points as stated below;
- Gold Prize, 85 points and above
- Silver Prize, 75 points and above
- Bronze Prize, 65 points and above
- Euroasia reserves the right to limit the total number of participants and to combine or divide any age group category depending on the numbers of Participant in each category.
- Euroasia reserves the right to limit the total number of prizes awarded for each of the categories and/or change the value and type of awards given at any time without prior-notice.
- Contacting Jury members before or during the competition is strictly prohibited.
- In the event that a member of the Jury presents his/her student at the Piano Festival, the said Jury member is to recuse himself/herself from the Panel. The marks will be awarded only by the remaining Jury, and divided accordingly to obtain the average mark. A current student is defined as having studied within the previous 12 months. Attending or performing at masterclasses does not apply for this rule.
- All participants and their accompanying members are responsible for their own expenses and no reimbursements of any kind will be provided.
- The Piano Festival is open to the public. Participants’ will receive a complimentary pass upon registration. Additional passes can be purchased from the Registration Desk.
- Euroasia shall have no liability in the event of illness and/or injury to persons, damage and/or theft of objects that may occur during the journey or while the competition is in progress.
- Euroasia has unrestricted rights to film, broadcast, photograph and record any part of the competitor’s participation including but not limited to rehearsals and competition performances. The Euroasia Association of Performing Arts reserves all rights. The participant agrees that he/she waives all rights and interests arising from the distribution or use of any such recordings.
- The rules of the application must be strictly adhered to and each supplementary document requested supplied.
- By submitting the Application Form, which forms a part of the Rules & Regulations and Terms & Conditions of the Piano Festival, the participant is deemed to agree and comply with this document.
All information on this document was correct when posted. However, Euroasia reserves the right to make changes without prior notice if circumstances dictate.