Rules & Regulations
- The participant’s age group is determined by the year of birth, regardless of month.
- Kindly take note that Applications are not considered complete and accurate information required and fees have been received by the Euroasia.
- All fees are non-refundable and must be paid in full upon submission. There will be no refunds for withdrawals after online application has been submitted.
- Works chosen must reflect the current level and standard of the competitor and must be a published work of Western Art Music tradition from the Baroque to 21st Century periods and does not include works of jazz, pop, rock, etc. All pieces listed in the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) and Trinity College London examination syllabus are accepted.
- There will be no charge for any repertoire change within 7 days of submission. A change fee of RM50 will apply for each repertoire change requested after the 7 days grace period. Repertoire changes will not be accepted two weeks prior to the festival date for the chosen region.
- Please note the actual timing of each work based on the participant’s time of performance, and not from a third party recording of the piece. The length of the piece selected should not exceed the allotted time as stated in the performance requirements.
- Participants are encouraged to perform from memory, although this is not compulsory and no additional marks will be awarded.
- Only ONE piece is accepted, any single movement from a set work (e.g. Sonata; Suite) is considered as one complete piece.
- Piece chosen must be performed in entirety, with no part of the chosen work omitted. Any work that is not performed in entirety may result in disqualification. Repeats are at the discretion of the participant.
- Gold Prize Winners from all Entry Groups are eligible to participate in the national level Final Round at the Malaysian Piano Competition. A link to the online registration will be made available to winners at the conclusion of each regional round.
- Participants for the Final Round must perform the same piece performed during the regional round.
- Participants must use original copy of all pieces performed. No photocopied pieces should be used during performance.
- The participant is required to bring two copies (photocopies) of the music performed and hand them in to the Jury Assistant before the performance.
- Requests to alternate order of performance will not be entertained.
- Please note that participants must be ready and willing to perform earlier or later than their scheduled time due to any cancellations and unforeseen schedule changes.
- Recordings of any sort (video/audio) are limited to the family members and/or teacher of the participant ONLY. Recordings of other competitors are not allowed.
- Announcement of winners and prize-giving for all categories will be held at the conclusion of the Festival day unless stated otherwise.
- Please submit all queries via our website form on www.euroasia.org.my or email [email protected]
Terms & Conditions
- The decision of the Jury is final and is not open to further discussion.
- All participants will receive a Certificate of Participation
- The Jury may choose to;
- Listen to only a part of the program presented if they feel they have heard enough to make a judgment.
- Withhold awards, as in line with international competitions, if the minimum points required are not met.
- Award joint-prizes or choose winner in the event of a tie.
- Minimum points for each Round and Category as below;
Gold Prize – 80 points and above
Silver Prize – 70 points and above
Bronze Prize – 60 points and above
First Prize – Top scoring participant/ensemble of the category with a minimum of 90 points.
Second Prize – Second highest scoring participant/ensemble of the category with a minimum of 85 points.
Third Prize – Third highest scoring participant/ensemble of the category with a minimum of 85 points.
- The Organiser(s)  reserves the right to limit the total number of participants and to combine or divide any age group category depending on the numbers of Participant in each category.
- The Organiser(s) reserves the right to limit the total number of prizes awarded for each of the categories and/or change the value and type of awards given at any time without prior-notice.
- Contacting Jury members before or during the competition is strictly prohibited.
- In the event that a member of the Jury presents his/her student at the Piano Festival, the said Jury member is to recuse himself/herself from the Panel. The marks will be awarded only by the remaining Jury, and divided accordingly to obtain the average mark. A current student is defined as having studied within the previous 12 months. Attending or performing at masterclasses does not apply for this rule.
- All participants and their accompanying members are responsible for their own expenses and no reimbursements of any kind will be provided.
- The Piano Festival is open to the public. Participants’ are able to observe all competition classes. All other persons wishing to observe the competition will have to purchase a Entry Pass from the Registration Desk.
- The Organiser(s) shall have no liability in the event of illness and/or injury to persons, damage and/or theft of objects that may occur during the journey or while the competition is in progress.
- The Organiser(s)has unrestricted rights to film, broadcast, photograph and record any part of the competitor’s participation including but not limited to rehearsals and competition performances. The Organiser(s) reserves all rights. The participant agrees that he/she waives all rights and interests arising from the distribution or use of any such recordings.
- The rules of the application must be strictly adhered to and each supplementary document requested supplied.
- By submitting the Application Form, which forms a part of the Rules & Regulations and Terms & Conditions of the Piano Festival, the participant is deemed to agree and comply with this document.
All information on this document was correct when posted. However, the organiser(s) reserves the right to make changes without prior notice if circumstances dictate.
Latest Amendment date: 8 July 2018
 Organiser(s) include Euroasia Association of Performing Arts, Malaysian Youth Orchestra Foundation, and the Johor Society for the Performing Arts